Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Democrats 4 Trump

 As Clinton and crew were crying at the Javits, blaming Obama for not doing enough, they were coming to grips with facts: Lots and lots of Democrats were spoiling their evening. I wonder if they had to pay for the fireworks that never happened on the Hudson. A couple miles away, Trump was trumping their show, raining on their parade, and in the bitterest of ironies, Democrats - and blacks - and Latinos, helped him win.
Here is a sampling of Pennsylvania Dems who put Trump in power, from an article by Joseph Stepansky and Larry McShane  13 Nov New York Daily News:
Tom Noll, 63, "I'm actually a registered Democrat my whole life. I just think Trump was a better candidate than Clinton."
Tony Gordon, 38 - "I want to change the way the system is now. To not have a politician in office. To not ot have someone who's been there forever."
Maryanne Walsh, 57 - "I like how different Trump is."
Ed Chomko, 40 - "Look around, the people have spoken. Trump was the guy because Trump was not the politician."
Larry Cawley, 65 "I think Trump is going in the right direction. We need more manufacturing in this country, and I think the trade laws are unfair. I was a union member. I'm retired now, but the unions were always Democratic support. A lot of people I know that were union, they voted Trump for the same reasons. More manufacturing here, more jobs for truck drivers, and everything else."


1 comment:

  1. Lots of people in Washington Heights, and that includes Latinos, voted for Trump. As did Kanye West!

    ReplyDelete